Updated: Jan 26
Email marketing software is especially convenient for online marketing platforms and gives the highest return on investment (ROI) among marketing channels. It is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies - so it will be advisable for you to get in on this too.
The best email marketing software and platforms have varying price plans and features. Most of these tools are fantastic, all you have to do is choose the best fit.
For example, if you want CRM software as well for your customers then HubSpot is a good choice for you.
ConvertKit with a feature of text-based emails is a fantastic choice for bloggers. We are going to look at which is the best email marketing software for you.
I have researched the best email marketing service providers in this guide to aid you in choosing the best fit for you and also save you some money.
The best email marketing companies are known to provide the best email marketing software that you can find. Choosing the best one for yourself depends on the price, technical support, ease of use, template designs, automation, integration, and other features you desire.
Let's get into it then.
The best email marketing software should enable you to easily design emails and email campaigns, segment your list, personalize your emails, and of course view analytics reports.
My List of the Best Email Marketing Software and Services
It offers one of the best email marketing companies with a tool that has a lot of features allowing convenience to the users. It has an easy drag and drop feature email builder and comes to you free of charge. This email marketing software will enable you to create professional emails that turn out to be pixel-perfect easily.
HubSpot also offers you a CRM tool to give you the benefit of creating customized sections for your customers. The CRM allows you to personalize your content, automate emails, and track the email activity.
• It has an interactive interface
• The customer support services are exemplary
• It is free hence especially suitable for startups
• It allows integrations with social media like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• It comes with a free CRM
• It has a live chat
• The integrations that this marketing tool provides are limited
• Despite the initial free cost, the prices usually increase with the growth of your email list.
It is one of the best email marketing platforms for small businesses. Founded in 1995, it is one of the oldest tools for email marketing. It is very convenient, especially for startup businesses that do not require anything complex. It provides email triggers such as cart reminders, Instagram, Facebook support ads, and coupons.
Constant Contact allows for integrations with other platforms such as WordPress, Facebook, Shopify, and Salesforce.
• It embraces analytics that are simple and effective
• It features an editor that operates by drag and drop
• It has mobile templates that have been optimized and are pixel perfect
• It can be easily segmented
• The tool also comes with extra features such as donations, coupons, and polls
• It also allows for integration with other software such as Shopify, Salesforce, Wordpress, and QuickBooks.
• It offers easy subscriber management features
• The Constant contact marketing tool does not have a workflow editor, which makes the management of automation to be complicated.
• The prices increase depending on the size of your mailing list.
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing platforms that comes with a free plan. It is easy to use and comes with tools that allow for easy navigation. It also has a simple editor that is relatively fast and a wide range of templates to allow for easy customization. It is useful for small businesses and bloggers. It provides an efficient solution for email marketing.
The Mailchimp also comes with analytics with a simple dashboard and allows for integrated campaigns on social platforms. The tool enables complex tasks to be accomplished, such as the ability to make data-driven decisions. It allows for the creation of landing pages, which help in business promotion on multiple platforms.
• The marketing tool allows for analysis, enabling data-driven decision making
• Simple integration with other social tools
• It is generally easy to use and understand
• The drag and drop feature is simple and effective
• The emails have a professional look
• The features of this marketing tool are limited
• The software has few integrations that are available to the user
• There is no workflow editor making automation management difficult
• It has a landing page that is not very effective
GetResponse is considered as the best email marketing platform for small business. It can be able to cater for upcoming bloggers and startups. The marketing tool allows for the creation of great landing pages, with features for webinars and marketing automation journeys.
It allows for effective email automation and a dashboard for the email newsletter. It has a global reach serving more than 182 countries and provides tons of tools and features integrations.
• It provides excellent segmentation
• It has a drag-and-drop email editor
• It also offers a unique analytics suite
• It eases segmentation and hosting
• The tool also allows for tool integration
• It includes optimization insights in the case of autoresponders campaigns.
• The templates that it offers are few in comparison to other platforms.
It is the best tool when it comes to messaging your customers. It allows for segmentation options to its features and gives you the ability to conduct live chats and send text messages to your customers. It provides for transactional communications with robust services while giving you the convenience of getting to your customers promptly.
It also provides excellent customer support with features that are user-friendly and a simple dashboard for analytics.
• It allows for subscriber management
• The tool also allows you to automate email, and customize it
• It allows for the optimization of emails
• Offers a variety of templates for you to choose from
• It also provides for campaign tracking, integration, and other exciting features
• The email builder is not always stable
• After registration, it takes some time before you can send emails
Moosend is among the best email marketing software and provides you with the ability to enjoy several benefits without any coding needed. It provides a drag-and-drop editor, which makes it very convenient in designing the interface. It also has data analytics integrated into its functionality and allows for marketing automation.
With this email marketing tool, you can enjoy features such as email automation, advanced reporting, and user and website tracking. It also enables you to have the advantage of personalizing your email. You can also create beautiful landing pages in a fast and effective way.
• It offers pre-made templates
• The tool has a separate mobile editor
• Drag and drop feature for ease of customization
• It comes with anti-bot protection
• Integrated data analytic capabilities
• It allows for email automation
• User and website tracking
• It needs a few more integrations.
7. This email marketing platform allows for a seamless relationship between the company and the clients. It will enable you to create customized content for a more personalized approach to communication. Salesforce comes with drag and drop tools, which offers excellent ease in email creation and sending of transactional emails in real-time.
This email marketing software comes with Real-Time Tracking and Graphical reporting tools, which help in decision making and conducting of predictive analysis. The software has an enhanced volume for sending emails as compared to other software. It also offers cross channel campaigns that are sophisticated.
• It has personalized campaigns
• The user can get tailored messages in bulk
• It offers a drag-and-drop feature for easy segmentation
• The software has advanced content management capabilities
• It provides automation solutions and triggered messages
• Efficient customer support with email, phone, and live chats
• The software does not offer SEO services
• There is no free trial before making a purchase decision
• It comes with costly monthly charges
ConvertKit is one of the best email list providers and email platforms. As an email automation software, it is beneficial in customer conversions, especially for those using emails. This tool is convenient in making audience lists and storing them, simple newsletters, and beautiful automation journey maps for sales.
This tool allows you to send triggered communications to your customers, setting of evergreen sales funnel. It also provides for the creation of emails that have merge-tags through a tag-based subscriber system.
• Easy automation and optimization due to the presence of automation journey maps.
• It has about 80 and more templates for the users
• Allows for integration with tools such as Salesforce and Zapier
• It provides live chat and email support.
• It is one of the best email list providers.
• Although the tool provides for reporting, the data is limited
• The customization options offered are limited in number
This email marketing software allows you to track the emails that you have sent to the customers. It also provides the users with the ability to follow up on the sales that they have carried out and also conduct scheduling. This tool can perform analytics and reporting as an integrated functionality.
It supports integration and is easy to use and understand.
• The tool allows you to conduct scheduling management and custom pings
• It comes with full Gsuite and Gmail integration capabilities
• It has email tracking domains that can be customized
• The tool provides for click tracking and real-time opening
• The sales follow-ups are automated an effective
• It allows for reporting and analytics
• You can not use customized variables for mail-merge.
The Wishpond is a tool that provides email marketing services to its users. It comes with pre-designed templates for the user in a gallery with HTML emails that are professionally ready-made.
It is easy to personalize the interface since the tool also comes with a drag and drop feature for the users. The templates provided by this tool are mobile-responsive and are easy to use. It is one of the tools that include marketing automation platforms for users.
• It is an intuitive email marketing software.
• It allows you to access professional designs for personalization
• The tool enables integration with several other tools
• It provides efficient reports and analysis
• It has several predefined templates much to the user’s benefit.
• The steep learning curve to higher options of personalization
• The drag and drop feature is not very clear
11. Campaign Monitor
It is an email marketing agency with some of the best companies in the business as its clientele. With its ability to send mass emails, it is one of the best bulk email software tools. It is useful for both small and medium-sized companies. It comes with attractive templates and autoresponders.
It is easy to use and also contains most of the features that are effective for it as an email marketing campaign software.
• It is one of the best bulk email software as it provides unlimited emails
• It also allows for media integration for an extensive reach
• The tool offers a large variety of templates to choose from
• Presence of a reliable tool for analysis
• Its cost is a bit on the higher side.
This email marketing software is convenient for bloggers, consultants, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and medium-sized companies. It comes with tools like Salesforce, PayPal, Wix, and a ton of other integration software. The software has one of the biggest suites that you can use for integration.
It is a cheap and straightforward option, especially for individuals who are just starting up. With over 150 templates for the users, it allows for ease of customization and the ability to personalize your features.
• It has a drag-and-drop email building feature
• Presence of a mobile app for tracking the campaign performances
• Allows for subscriber segmenting and management
• It has a dashboard that provides metrics that are easy to read.
• Allows for easy integration with tons of other software
• The tool does not provide a survey feature
• It does not have Google Analytics integrated into it.
This email allows you to create, automate, and personalize email campaigns. It is an email marketing campaign software that enables you to track the emails quickly. It also gives you access to autoresponders and other metrics that can be customized.
As an email marketing agency, it offers solutions for businesses that need more services than essential email marketing tools.
• It provides reporting and analytics features
• It allows for personalization
• The user interface is user friendly
• It has a drag-and-drop feature making it practical for users with little HTML knowledge.
• It restricts the number of windows that you can open to one at a time
• It has a double-opt-in option.
SendGrid is an email marketing software that provides excellent solutions for those businesses that are medium-sized. It is a tool that is known to be developer-friendly with a SendGrid API. This tool allows for the sending of events by the developers. The SendGrid tool is a tool that is not very user friendly, especially in cases where bloggers, small businesses and online entrepreneurs are involved.
• The tool allows for a lot of integrations with other enterprise tools
• It has Google Analytics integrated into it
• It has the capability of checking for spam
• It provides for reporting options
• It has auto-response, image hosting, and social media marketing capabilities.
• It is not user friendly, especially for beginners
• The drag and drop is not easy to use
• The tool does not have any templates that are ready-made
• It is hard to customize the emails if you do not know HTML
It is one of the best online marketing platforms for emails. It comes with features that are comprehensive and plans that are very effective for email marketing. Its email marketing services are effective since it allows for marketing automation.
It is also beneficial for email campaigns since its features are comprehensive for an email marketing campaign software.
• It is among the email platforms that come with a contact list and an editor that allows for segmentation.
• It is among the best mailing list software that you can use
• It has a friendly user interface
• It allows for easy tracking of the email analytics
• The email drag and drop editor of the tool is confusing.
Email Marketing is a digital marketing strategy that allows you to send emails to the customers and prospects of your business. It is especially convenient for online marketing platforms.
How does Email Marketing Software work?
The email marketing software allows you to plan, execute, and track email marketing campaigns. The software comes with email scheduling features, automation tools for campaigns, and email builders. They help you build customer loyalty, provide you with reporting and analytics, which allow you to measure metrics and success. The software automates processes, allowing ease of interaction between you and the customers.
What are the benefits of Email Marketing platforms?
There are several benefits, especially if you pick the best email marketing platforms. These include:
• They provide a much cheaper means of marketing than any other channel.
• They offer flexible options for sending and attaching files. One can use text, images, or graphics.
• You can easily reach more audiences or smaller audiences depending on your targets (scalability).
• With these marketing automation platforms, you can evaluate your success rates using analytics.
• The marketing platforms give you the convenience of triggering emails based on specific actions since they have email automation software and this saves time.
• It allows the recipients to read the message you sent at a time that is convenient for them.
What are some Email Marketing best practices?
Some of the email marketing best practices include:
1. Always include an email signature
2. Regularly clean your mail list
3. Do not use a ‘No-Reply’ in the email address of the sender
4. Always personalize the greeting on your email
5. Making it possible for recipients to subscribe to your newsletter
6. Avoid purchasing of contact lists at all costs, select the best mailing list software for this.
7. Reward your subscribers using incentives for increased open rates.
Email Marketing FAQ.
What are the types of Email Marketing?
The types of email marketing are:
• Newsletter Email – These emails inform the customers of the newest products, promotions, and sales.
• Review Emails – This type of email marketing allows the customers to review your products and give you feedback on them
• Cart abandonment Emails – This type of email marketing will enable you to re-engage with would-be buyers who left items in their cart without purchasing. They allow you to convert them to actual sales.
• Welcome Emails – These emails give a positive first impression to your customer. They make the customers feel welcome and also allow you to explain your brand to them.
• Educational Emails – This email marketing strategy will enable you to market your brand to the audience. It helps them to gain a basic understanding of your business.
• Confirmation Emails – This email marketing strategy is essential since it enables your customers to know you received their purchase. It is especially important in online shops with marketing automation platforms.
How do you optimize email campaigns?
You can optimize the email campaign through several actions. These actions include:
• Give special attention to your subject and the first line of your statement. Let it be short and precise
• Try to personalize the message you want to communicate
• Segment or divide your email lists into smaller customer groups
• Increase the call to action in the message
• Integrate visuals, such as images and styles that are fully optimized
• Give the customers or recipients an option to share on social platforms.
• Conduct A/B testing and view analytics reports to aid in taking the necessary strategy.
That's all folks. I hope my list of best email marketing software aids you in choosing the right platform for your online business.
Focus on the price point, reliability, and other desired features of the platform in choosing the best fit for your email marketing service.
For new bloggers, I will recommend ConvertKit who are looking for text-based email features and a fair budget.
For those who want to integrate their email marketing platform with a CRM, HubSpot is your best choice.
What did you think of the list? Are there any platforms that I should include on the list? Let me know by leaving a comment.